Privacy Statement and website terms
This is a Government of Singapore website. Thank you for examining our privacy statement.
If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
If you choose to make an application or send us an e-mail for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We will not share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Government agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of public services to you.
To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
This site may contain links to non-Government sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
In these Terms, the words “we”, “our” and “us” refer to the Singapore Government (including its Ministries, departments, and Organs of State).
1. Revision of Terms
These Terms may be changed from time to time. All changes will be posted on this page and your use of The Website after such changes have been posted will constitute your agreement to the changed Terms.
2. Use of Datasets and APIs
The use of Datasets on The Website is wholly governed by the Singapore Open Data Licence. Access to datasets via application programming interfaces (APIs) is governed by the API Terms of Service. The terms below, including that on intellectual property, do not cover Datasets and the use of Datasets on-seThe Website.
4. Proprietary Rights
The contents of The Website, including source code, pages, documents and online graphics, audio and video, in The Website are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights. All rights, title and interest in the materials are owned by, licensed to or controlled by us.
Except as otherwise provided, the contents of The Website shall not be modified, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without prior written permission.
5. Access To The Website
The accessibility and operation of The Website relies on technologies outside our control. We do not guarantee continuous accessibility or uninterrupted operation of The Website.
6. Relying on Information
We provide The Website as a general information source only and we are not involved in giving professional advice here. The Website may not cover all information available on a particular issue. Before relying on The Website, you should do your own checks or obtain professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
Where appropriate, we use available technology to protect the security of communications made through The Website. However, we do not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transactions and other communications made through The Website. Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite our best efforts, we make no warranties that The Website is free of infection by computer viruses or other unauthorised software. You should take appropriate steps to keep your information, software and equipment secure. This includes clearing your Internet browser cookies and cache before and after using any services on The Website. You should keep your passwords confidential. Please note that we will never ask you for your SingPass password.
We are not responsible or liable for the availability or content of any other Internet site (not provided by us) linked to or from The Website. Access to any other Internet site is at your own risk. If you create a link or frame to The Website, you do so at your own risk. We reserve the right to object or disable any link or frame to or from The Website. We reserve the right to change the URL of The Website.
9. Intellectual Property
Apart from any fair dealings for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted in law, no part of The Website may be reproduced or reused for any commercial purposes whatsoever without our prior written permission.
10. General Disclaimer And Limitation Of Liability
The contents of The Website are provided on an “as-is” basis without warranties of any kind. We will not be liable for any loss or damage (i) that you may incur on account of using, visiting or relying on any statements, opinion, representation or information in The Website, (ii) resulting from any delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, Internet access difficulties or malfunctions in equipment or software, or (iii) the conduct or the views of any person who accesses or uses The Website.
11. Applicable Laws
Use of The Website and these Terms are governed by the laws of Singapore. Any claim relating to use of The Website shall be heard by Singapore Courts.
12. Copyright notices
In accordance with Regulation 5 of the Copyright (Network Service Provider) Regulations (Cap. 63, Rg. 7), the designated representative is:
Data Science Division
1 Fusionopolis View, Sandcrawler, #09-01, Singapore 138577
Main line: 6211-0888
API Terms of Service
The Agency may offer datasets through an API. Use of the datasets is governed by the Singapore Open Data Licence. The service through which you may access datasets via APIs is subject to these API terms of service (“Terms of Service”).
By Using an API on the Relevant Websites, you agree to the Terms of Service.
What You Can Do:
- You can use, access, call, command, query or request the API, whether commercially or non-commercially (“Use”).
- If your API Client(s) are intended to be distributed as or as part of a software library, you may grant a sub-licence of the APIs if this is necessary to enable other persons (“your Sub-Licensees”) to incorporate and/or distribute your API Client(s) in their software programs.
- If your Sub-Licensees require additional rights, your application and/or website should direct your Sub-Licensees to obtain the appropriate licence at data.gov.sg.
- These Terms of Service do not grant you any rights over:
- any personal data should any personal data be included or exposed through the APIs, inadvertently or otherwise; and
- any intellectual property found in content accessible through the APIs.
- These Terms of Service do not grant any rights to Downstream Sub-Licensees.
Access to datasets through APIs is subject to the following:
- Your right to Use APIs may be subject to additional terms, including limitations on Use, found on the individual pages of each API. You agree that an Agency may monitor your Use of the API to improve the service, track usage, to ensure compliance with these Terms of Service, or for security purposes.
- When you Use the API, you must utilise the access control credentials issued to you if applicable. You agree to keep such credentials secure and confidential. You shall not mis-present or mask your API Client’s identity when Using the API.
- You warrant that your API Client(s) are free of any Unauthorised Code. You agree to Use the API in accordance to the Agency’s published technical and other specifications, including all security requirements and procedures. You shall not interfere with or disrupt the API or the servers or networks providing the API. You shall not exploit any vulnerability of the API or servers, inject any unauthorised or malicious scripts, codes, commands, queries or requests, or introduce any Unauthorised Code through the API.
The APIs are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The Agency makes no representations or warranties in relation to the APIs, including but not limited to any representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, service levels, continued availability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the APIs to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
To the extent permitted by law, the Agency shall not be liable to you or any third party und whether in contract, tort (including negligence), restitution, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, for damage or loss of any kind arising directly or indirectly from your or any third party’s Use of, or inability to Use, the APIs or the Relevant Websites.
The Agency’s provision of APIs does not prevent the Agency from:
- developing its own products or services, some of which may offer the same or similar functionalities as your API Client(s) and/or any of your products or services; or
- modifying any APIs or methods of accessing the APIs at any time.
You shall indemnify the Agency against all liabilities, damages, costs (including legal costs) and expenses arising directly or indirectly from:
- any claim made by a third party in connection with your Use of the APIs;
- any system failure or downtime, and/or any lost or damaged data or software, arising from or in connection with your Use of the APIs;
- your violation of any rights of another person; or
- any claim made by a third party in connection with the third party’s Use of your API Client(s) developed using the APIs, or any derived analyses or applications which you have provided.
All intellectual property rights subsisting in or used in connection with the APIs are the property of the Agency.
Rights of Third Parties
No one other than a party to these Terms of Service shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
Suspension or termination of API access
The Agency may terminate these Terms of Service or suspend your access to the API for any reason whatsoever. Upon such termination or suspension, you shall immediately stop Using the API. The Disclaimers and Indemnities sections, and any other provision of these Terms of Service which is required to give effect to termination or the consequences of such termination, shall survive the termination of these Terms of Service.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. The parties to these Terms of Service submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Defnitions and Interpretation
In these Terms of Service:
“Agency” means the Singapore Government (including its Ministries, departments, and Organs of State) or the Statutory Board providing the API.
“API” means an application programming interface that is provided by an Agency.
“API Client” means any of your software, applications, websites or systems that Use the APIs, and includes any part thereof.
“dataset” has the same meaning given to it under the Singapore Open Data Licence.
“Downstream Sub-Licensee” means any person who may require a licence in order to access the website or use the application or API Client(s) of a Sub-Licensee.
“Statutory Board” means a body incorporated by or under written law from time to time to perform or discharge any public function.
“Sub-Licensee” means a person that is granted a sub-licence by you, where allowed under these Terms of Service.
“Relevant Websites” means this Website or other Websites owned by an Agency that are linked from this Website.
“Unauthorised Code” means any malicious or invalid code, virus, Trojan horse, worm, logic bomb, software routine or hardware components designed to permit unauthorised access, to disable, erase, or otherwise harm software, hardware or data, or to perform any such actions.
©2023 Open Government Products, Government Technology Agency of Singapore